Monday, February 5, 2024

Star Woman Who Lives

Star Woman Who Lives
© Surazeus
2024 02 05

Star woman who lives in the apple tree 
shows me how faithful people can live free, 
but when I get to their church before dawn 
I stand dazed and confused on the wet lawn 
because her vision flutters on white wings 
of butterflies transcending rainbow rings. 

Star woman who dances on golden clouds 
shows me how to organize ghosts in crowds 
but when I open book of ancient tales 
they swirl around me slow as ocean whales 
because she weaves my eyes in diamond brain 
that refracts laughter of children in rain. 

Star woman who leaps abyss of despair 
shows me how to build the heavenly stair 
but when I arrive at the pearly gates 
my entrance is blocked by the mocking Fates 
because I carry bag of bleeding scrolls 
I wrote to criticize cruel fascist trolls. 

Star woman who tends roses on the moon 
shows me how to write the dragon-bone rune 
but when I buy gas at the soda mart 
my fortune is programmed by the star chart 
because she wants to crown me cosmic herald 
though I can foresee weird fate of the world. 

Star woman who floats over sea of eyes 
shows me how to train conceptual spies 
but when I ride the subway down to Hell 
I crawl from shadow of the forest well 
because I want to marry Melusine 
who runs world baby-production machine. 

Star woman who designs world brain of dreams 
shows me how to navigate mountain streams 
but when I walk in cave where Plato cooks 
I meet nameless characters of lost books 
because our bodies are chemical flames 
we must maintain through political games. 

Star woman who beams from computer screen 
shows me how to unwind my spirit gene 
but when I figure out my origin 
I sing as grandson of the Puritan 
because she wakes in my immortal mind 
as Word Witch pious angels have enshrined. 

Star woman who reigns on star pyramid 
shows me how to measure the cosmic grid 
but when I find first flash of the big bang 
I encode wisdom in riddles with slang 
because she molds my body with free will 
when we make love on the muse-haunted hill. 


No comments:

Post a Comment