Saturday, February 3, 2024

Fool Of Kingdom Come

Fool Of Kingdom Come
© Surazeus
2024 02 03

Half in love with the pretty kitchen ghost 
who bakes peach pie with alligator eyes, 
I linger in bay window munching toast 
to calculate how rainbows paint gray skies 
with souls of angels smeared in taste of rum 
while we all wait in vain for Kingdom Come. 

Searching blank-page books on the broken shelf 
for photos of the kitchen ghost who sings, 
I correlate the weather with my Self 
that flutters around me on cherub wings, 
which tempts me to create grape-flavored gum 
though children play in rain till Kingdom Come. 

Rowing small metal boat in evening dusk 
past mansions on shore of Lake Tenas Chuck, 
I carve scenes of life on long dragon tusk 
that glorify deeds of wood-haunting Puck 
who cheers kitchen ghost dancing to his drum 
with wild abandon beyond Kingdom Come. 

Yet when I reach the demon-crowded shore 
to find kitchen ghost who flees from Death, 
I find only traces of her soul core 
in tattered dress twitching in winter breath, 
so I trudge frozen hills till I am numb, 
lost on my journey back to Kingdom Come. 

Toward dark tower looming on hill of ice 
where Roland reigns with kitchen ghost as queen, 
I climb jagged rocks around paradise 
to wander maze of the money machine 
where jesters preach salvation in the slum 
to hungry folk who pray for Kingdom Come. 

When I stand at last before Iron Throne, 
after dodging traps in halls of glass doors, 
Roland asks, "Whom does the Holy Grail own?" 
but I reply, "We are ruled by the Force, 
so the Grail serves the national income," 
but he shows me the door to Kingdom Come. 

Trapped in library of old singing books, 
I weep with sorrow I may never see 
kitchen ghost who manages the dream cooks, 
but in my bleeding heart I find the key 
that opens portal of time when I hum, 
so I leap the abyss toward Kingdom Come. 

United with the kitchen ghost, my bride, 
I gaze in vast galaxy of her soul 
to comprehend horror of genocide 
in context of the codified White Whole 
translating melody of my brain thrum 
when I crown myself Fool of Kingdom Come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment