Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Endless Maze Of Hope

Endless Maze Of Hope
© Surazeus
2024 02 14

The battery-powered flame of my heart, 
which motivates my journey to the west, 
compels my body to perform its role 
in rigid lockstep with conceptual fate 
I was assigned by blind man in the tower, 
so I swerve to evade sharp blade of Death. 

Trapped in the wings Daedalus wove for me, 
I stumble off the tower of desire 
and fly on bitter attitude of faith 
to steal sacred fruit from the Tree of Life 
that sprouts from corpses of the war-time dead 
so I can meet my ancestors in Hell. 

In desert of my lonely fortitude 
I kneel before the Aloe vera plant 
to worship Goddess of the Holy Juice 
that fills my brain with pulsing rays of light 
which gives me strength to walk the signless road 
past highway overpass where clowns drink beer. 

Pine trees in mountains of New Mexico 
dream my shadow flitting between their thoughts 
so they whisper the secret of true love 
in gentle breeze that ruffles my long hair 
while I sit on large stone in sunlit grove 
and sing to the dead with rusty guitar. 

For I have heard the terror in the wall 
while crawling on the mountain of despair 
so many times I integrate its tune 
in sacred hymns I write on broken stone 
then race swift chariot on the plain of pride 
to shoot bold arrow of authority. 

Yet no one finds what they are looking for 
when we drive down south to Scarborough Fair 
despite the way the jester photographs 
faces of strangers on the city street 
which are displayed on blank museum walls 
depicting criminals with gentle smiles. 

The two best friends who chat on field of war 
give each other cameras with secret codes 
so they can photograph the faceless dead 
who disappear in stories of the Book 
because they want to share beautiful love 
in heart-breaking song of the nightingale. 

I lounge and eat sweet apple of delight 
till I remember the terrible news 
that millions of faceless people with eyes 
are trapped inside the endless maze of hope 
with no way to escape rockets of hate 
that erase their souls from dream time of Earth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment