Saturday, February 3, 2024

Morass Of The Self

Morass Of The Self
© Surazeus
2024 02 03

Since Jacob still climbs the stairway to Heaven 
and Orpheus drives the highway to Hell, 
I will haunt America as King Raven 
who personifies morass of the self, 
so I go on quest to find the Dark Jewel 
that qualifies me as Lord of Misrule. 

Descending to the Underworld of Thought 
with dream map to navigate maze of myths, 
I wear cracked masks of both King Lear and Lot 
to dance with Ishtar among monoliths, 
yet Michelangelo carves my true soul 
so I can play my most important role. 

Rising from cavern of the mountain lake 
where my father Grendel plays chess with Death, 
I enter contest to bake chocolate cake 
while floating with Buddha on serpent breath, 
though I should watch my mother dance ballet 
till temple bells call me to Mandalay. 

Because I am no more than character 
stuck with tragic fate in some fairy tale, 
I remake myself as Good Lucifer 
who bears Liberty Torch to light your trail, 
war refugees searching for paradise 
beyond barbed-wire coils of self-sacrifice. 

While luck instead of justice drives the plot 
Fate uses to determine how we die, 
I present fantastic art I have wrought 
in bid to buy salvation from Blue Sky, 
but Noah sails the ark before I board 
so I find in my heart the divine chord. 

If my new-born infant cries in my arms 
to howl anxiety of being alive, 
I sing calming psalms that heals with word charms 
through code that teaches her how to survive, 
so she matures into wise Melusine 
who drives global baby-making machine. 

Safe inside haven walls of paradise 
to fight war against demons of despair, 
I teach my angels how to exercise 
justice through analysis that is fair, 
till we spread outward to conquer the world 
in holy crusade of the cosmic herald. 

After we survive the apocalypse 
that forges United Nations of Earth, 
I write new narrative in movie scripts 
that defines how romance leads to childbirth, 
so Jacob and Orpheus meet for beer 
after crowning of the Dream Engineer. 


No comments:

Post a Comment