Sunday, February 4, 2024

This Home I Built

This Home I Built
© Surazeus
2024 02 04

This home I built with hands of honest faith 
by carving bones of passion from hard Earth 
once safely sheltered children of my heart, 
protecting my family from hostile greed 
of monsters in shapes of men hunting us, 
yet now it crumbles to dust in my hands. 

Though angry tyrant in castle of fear 
shoots bombs to destroy thousands of my homes, 
as long as my heart pumps hot frothing blood 
of passion beamed from mute eye of the sun, 
I will find energy of timeless hope 
to build new home from vision of my faith. 

I will clutter every valley of Earth 
with homes I carve from bones of my despair, 
erecting monument of honest hope 
from dusty nothing of this spinning globe, 
so when he bombs it back to ruins of faith 
I will go build another home in Hell. 

Though we are cast from Heaven of our home 
and wander lost on signless roads of fear, 
forever searching for the Promised Land 
envisioned by our ancestors in dream 
many long centuries before we are born, 
still we will build another home from faith. 

Unsheltered by safe home my heart designed, 
we wander lost on roadless plain of fear 
but we can express no adequate words 
against cataracts of indifferent wind 
that strikes flat rotundity of our faith 
so we cannot tax elements with hate. 

Though wild howling winds batter our frail souls 
with soul-cleaving thunderbolts of cruel rage, 
they have no conscious minds inspired by hate, 
so their pernicious blasts that crush our hearts 
crack not my loyal trust that Nature cares 
while humans hurl vicious hate at our souls. 

While Nature batters our frail souls with rage 
I know she swirls indifferent to our lives, 
yet humans, our frail brothers of the sea, 
who share with us divinely-designed form 
of four-limbed bodies with word-speaking minds, 
assert fierce mission to destroy our lives. 

When earthquakes, floods, or thunderstorms destroy 
this home I build with hands of honest faith, 
people around the world help me rebuild 
with generous donations of food and prayers, 
but when humans destroy our homes with bombs 
the world ignores our cries of bitter hope. 


No comments:

Post a Comment