Saturday, August 17, 2024

Rainbow Of The Apocalypse

Rainbow Of The Apocalypse
© Surazeus
2024 08 17

Though I wander windowless maze of dreams 
to see how our cosmos unspools in words, 
I always find myself beside the lake 
where skulls of people I love sing in rain, 
so I gaze at the sky of long-dead stars 
that beam rainbow of the apocalypse. 

While I meander ghostless maze of homes, 
I map long history of our world in tales 
describing how couples in love create 
villages crowded with ambitious players 
who expand family business to acquire 
wealth from rainbow of the apocalypse. 

If I trudge shadowless maze of school halls 
to study mirror of the flaming sky 
that gleams with grandeur of the lonely road, 
I might find secret cove where I can fish 
in peaceful silence of the razor winds 
blown from rainbow of the apocalypse. 

Since I roam lost in maze of roadside diners 
where forgotten singers and movie stars 
eat hamburgers with Perseus and Thor, 
I translate howl of Nature to record 
sublime beauty of my organic brain 
born from rainbow of the apocalypse. 

Though I wait hopeless in maze of oak trees 
draped in radiant moss of midnight respect, 
I watch fierce battle of angelic tanks 
fought over who controls kite of my heart 
which transmits radio shows around the world 
based on rainbow of the apocalypse. 

While I ride plane in maze of temple clouds 
where mind-gods lounge in changeless paradise, 
I search for the body I left behind 
when I escaped dark shadow of the war 
on wings with feathers woven from fake words 
spawned by rainbow of the apocalypse. 

If I map maze of human arrogance 
with tales of tyrants taking power by force, 
I might get stuck in castle on the hill 
where my paranoid ancestors ruled empires 
till I abdicate throne of divine right 
to paint rainbow of the apocalypse. 

Since I play world hero in maze of myths 
to free the people of Earth from despair, 
I defeat dictator, who thinks he rules, 
with Sword of Justice to guard Liberty 
who prosecutes criminals with the law 
that builds rainbow of the apocalypse. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus becomes a scientist to study rainbow of the apocalypse.

    ReplyDelete