Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Meet In Every Life

Meet In Every Life
© Surazeus
2024 08 07

Stranded lost at the bottom of the cliff, 
I stand among the bright flowers you love, 
and listen for your voice in river breeze 
that blows over hills and ruffles the waves, 
and search for the strange beauty of your face 
clear in the ancient mirror of the moon. 

Bright gold glow of clouds over distant hills 
takes my soul back to beginning of time 
so ghosts of all my dead family and friends 
flock around me in eerie evening air, 
bestowing on my heart with timeless tune 
strange wisdom river waves whisper to me. 

I made so many heart-breaking mistakes 
because I misunderstood how you feel, 
and misconstrued the motives of your acts, 
that sharp regret wounds my heart with despair, 
so I imagine how I would perform 
differently if I could go back in time. 

If I could go back to when we first met 
and play my role in drama of our love 
with more mature understanding and trust 
I would hope to correct all my mistakes 
so instead of our tragic deaths from fear 
our life of harmony would save our souls. 

Each time I replay drama of our life, 
taking different paths to avoid our fate 
of tragic death after suffering in pain, 
I always end up meeting you again, 
so we get tangled in desire for love, 
dancing with elegant grace to our end. 

In every timeline of our fateful love 
I always meet you on this river shore 
when I see you fall from your fishing boat, 
and every time your eyes gleam with surprise 
when I carry you safely to the shore 
and heal your bruised spirit with tender care. 

Since we will always meet in every life, 
and walk the same road as soulmates for life, 
I vow that I will guard your precious life 
and protect your body and soul from harm, 
for I will always stand strong at your side 
in war against death to survive and thrive. 

When we meet at the bottom of the cliff 
to stroll among the bright flowers we love, 
I listen to your voice in river breeze 
that blows over hills and ruffles the waves, 
for I see the strange beauty of your face 
glow in the ancient mirror of the moon. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus goes back in time over and over, hoping to prevent Ophelia from drowning in the river of tears.

    ReplyDelete