Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Courage Of The Rolling Stone

Courage Of The Rolling Stone
© Surazeus
2024 08 27

Dodging bullets as I strut down the street, 
I rap to tragic beauty of the beat 
when people leap past the moon on their feet 
since we attempt to program our own fate 
though our naked bodies have become bait 
to trap the monster of greed twisted straight. 

Evading bombs that blast the hill of bone, 
I race with courage of the rolling stone, 
that Sisyphus transforms into the phone, 
to Temple of Dagon on Gaza plain, 
demolished by the blind warrior of pain 
who woos Shalash to marry him in vain. 

Dancing with demons in the bleak waste land, 
I rule over Eden with red right hand 
on pyramid of skulls where angels stand 
ready to obey One-Eyed God of Death 
who chants nightly news of the shibboleth
about divine truth of the holy breath. 

Casting my vote in election for God, 
I kneel to pray and eat beer-battered cod, 
then join crusade of the Justice Squad 
that Minerva leads to catch criminals, 
who would cheat and defraud gullible fools, 
for equal rights of individuals. 

Leaping time portals of the multiverse, 
I search for planet of the Loving Nurse, 
whose gentle words heal us from the hate curse, 
with joyful passion of the broken heart 
which inspires me to compose new star chart 
for the lost girl pulling her apple cart. 

Knocking on door to Heaven with despair, 
I ask Queen of Beauty if she could share 
answers to prophecies of the cave bear, 
but she knits my soul into coil of yarn 
in futile attempt of true love to darn 
damaged matrix of the lost valley barn. 

Riding the white cow of Zeus by the sea, 
I ponder what principle makes us free 
because we bear in our pocket the key 
we use to unlock the home of our cage 
where I play my role on the family stage 
as predicted in the last torn-out page. 

Catching bullet of hate fired at my mind 
by the tyrant our arrogance designed, 
I search for temple where Truth lies enshrined, 
crucified body wrapped in bloody shroud 
that crumbles to dust under the Glow Cloud 
while I wander mute in the weeping crowd. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus documents every bullet fired in the revolution that was not televised.

    ReplyDelete