Friday, August 23, 2024

Because The Moon Weeps

Because The Moon Weeps
© Surazeus
2024 08 23

If I try to be quiet as the wind, 
children excited to eat the sour plums 
will catch fragile wings with greedy hands 
though I escape page of the fairy book 
to dance among the daffodils of joy 
till something strange from the shadow escapes. 

If I walk slowly in the blinding rain 
to catch flow of the river with my hand, 
mothers in the communal kitchen hall 
will cook fresh apple pies for us to eat 
while boys train in martial arts with oak wands 
because the moon weeps for the murdered girl. 

Young apprentice painter in the stone church 
considers whole view of the universe 
depicted by strange images he paints 
of men in robes who leave their fishing boats 
to follow the man with the dragon eyes 
who guards Eden gate with the flaming sword. 

If I ask the river nymph with calm fear 
for the sapphire that shimmers in her heart, 
the humble centaur who teaches me math 
will give coins to soldiers returned from war 
whose trembling hands are stained with genocide 
they cannot wash in the river of tears. 

If I research stories of noble minds 
in the Library of Human Memory, 
Death with silver eyes, wearing black lace gown, 
will bring me lunch of sandwiches and juice, 
then sit with me while I compose weird tales 
of wizards who study nature of things. 

Old veteran healer in the sea cave 
investigates the hidden elements 
which formulate structure of changing forms 
to manipulate matter with her mind 
till she reshapes the narrative of truth 
in words that control how we view the world. 

If I remember why the caged bird sings 
while climbing stairway to the Parthenon, 
my wife will take me to Most Holy Place 
where she reincarnates in our new child 
immortal soul of genes woven by stars, 
for the thirteenth witch is doorway of life. 

If spirit of my brain is born again 
in child of liberty whom my wife bears, 
she will reign as new world messiah sleuth 
whose coming, foretold by the cosmic herald, 
will usher in age of the laughing clown 
who falls in love with Queen of Liberty. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus talks to the river stone to understand why the moon weeps.

    ReplyDelete