Saturday, August 24, 2024

Doppelganger Of My Mind

Doppelganger Of My Mind
© Surazeus
2024 08 24

Though angel wings crush snake eggs of my mind, 
I sing in rhythm with the ocean wave 
because the same moon shines on every soul 
till small cloud of fear shadows half the sky 
reflecting anger in the hearts of men 
who become paintings on the mountain cliff. 

Since I become the shadow of my mind 
by thinking I can outwit game of Death, 
I try to savor beauty of this hour 
with every breath of wild wind I inhale 
when she gives me ripe fruit from Tree of Life 
that shrouds the underworld of our desire. 

If rain can recreate mask of my mind 
with each exquisite splash of radiant hope, 
then I will trace on page of the lost book 
shadow of my soul that consolidates 
mystery of faith through ethereal thoughts 
half-seen by unborn eyes as trace of why. 

Yet falling leaves reconstitute my mind 
from cherished concepts of protective prayer 
designed to vindicate deeds I perform 
when I revitalize safe social play 
reclaimed from swirling passion of starlight 
that sparks seeds to blossom in nation-states. 

How I promote new vision of my mind 
in sacred blueprint of contractual fate 
may be determined by brush of owl wings 
which I mistake for subtle hand of God, 
who floats around us in the eyeless air 
according to the last words of the fool. 

Since nothing could obliterate my mind 
fortified by nutrients of fairy wine, 
I welcome wanderers into my home 
and give them bread and water to consume 
while sparrows and crows perform joyful plays 
to entertain them before bombs explode. 

Startled by strange specter haunting my mind 
through apparitions of ancestral souls, 
I measure paranormal state of being 
with formulas based on ideal precepts 
till I perceive the world inside the world 
exposed by surreal riddles none ever solve. 

Reborn as doppelganger of my mind 
from celestial breath of the mushroom toad, 
who alone explains fragmentary blue 
of boundless heaven where no god dreams true, 
I turn around when you open your eyes 
because I am happy you are alive. 


1 comment: