Sunday, August 25, 2024

I Sing About Suffering

I Sing About Suffering
© Surazeus
2024 08 25

My heart aches to sing about suffering 
so many people of this world endure 
when we struggle with the fact we exist 
as we figure out how to survive well 
with memories of our childhood happytimes 
that give us strength to face bullies and thieves. 

Each person who figures out how to live 
finds strength from kindness of the helping hand 
to help people oppressed by greedy men 
fight for justice and liberty for all 
though we wander scattered in the wide world, 
lost on the road with no direction home. 

One man plays guitar outside the state bank, 
one woman waits tables in the sports bar, 
one man drives the garbage truck around town, 
one woman processes insurance claims, 
one man investigates financial crimes, 
and one woman prosecutes criminals. 

We each play our part in the money game 
for the global food-production machine 
that has evolved for twenty thousand years 
from pyramid empires of camps and farms 
to corporate empires of factories and stores, 
where the rich exploit the poor to gain power. 

I want to map history of world events 
on time-animated globe that presents 
complete atlas of changing social states 
which preserves concepts of technology 
in poetic memes of brain-program code 
expressed in formulas of psychic truth. 

Escaping School of Victimology, 
where preachers tried to teach me to complain 
at how unfair the world is to my rights, 
I walk the signless Road of Honesty 
under blank sky where no gods live on clouds 
to accept Nature is indifferent. 

Ascending rugged way of Helicon, 
I play lyre of Mercury with pizzazz 
as I descend to Underworld of Faith 
where Sirius, wolf god with diamond eyes, 
reigns in Cavern of Illusions, with courage 
to join his wild celebration of joy. 

Though Mother Nature is indifferent 
to my existence on her spinning world, 
I dance with energy of careful love 
that motivates me to make life, not kill, 
so I sing about bitter suffering 
that we transform into pleasure of love. 


1 comment: