Friday, August 30, 2024

Bodies Alive With Souls

Bodies Alive With Souls
© Surazeus
2024 08 30

Our minds record images with our eyes 
so we can see strange beauty of the world 
through truth we construct with riddle of words 
that teach us how to navigate despair 
on journey to understand how to live 
as conscious spirits conjured by our brains. 

I have heard people crippled by despair 
declare we are souls that experience 
life in these bodies of material form, 
but, though I want to believe this lie, 
I know we are bodies alive with souls 
that will vanish when our bodies decay. 

We are not spirits nurtured by the stars 
that beam down from celestial realm of thought, 
except as unconscious rays of the sun 
that weave this planet from atomic light, 
for we are spirits conjured by our brains 
as function of this chemical machine. 

We are not angels falling into forms 
of material substance designed by God, 
for we are coils of genes in dreaming cells 
that evolve around hydrothermal vents 
to crawl up rivers and swim in clear lakes 
till we climb in trees to eat fruit of love. 

Our bodies transform tetrapodal shape 
that evolves well four hundred million years, 
fish to lizard to mouse to cat to monkey 
to ape to human, striving to be God 
as Ideal Body we hope to attain, 
breeding children so we can transcend death. 

Each new brain designed by maternal hope 
conjures unique consciousness of its Self 
when we wake in our fresh material state, 
and strive to replay dramas of survival 
programmed by success ancestors achieved 
long enough to breed us from their desire. 

Of every conscious being who ever lives 
on every planet in the universe, 
since all our worlds spiral from the First Flash, 
I am me alone with my unique soul, 
bound tight within limits of time and space 
so my brain-soul glows as God till I die. 

Aware of my Self on this spinning world, 
I feel immortal unconscious Ungod 
wake from vibrational music of atoms 
so I am mortal conscious God in flesh 
when I breathe spirit of love, and express 
joy of existence in song of my death. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus savors experience of being a body that wakes its spirit through song and dance of joyful love till we die and vanish to nothing while our children live.

    ReplyDelete