Saturday, August 17, 2024

Old Games Of Chess

Old Games Of Chess
© Surazeus
2024 08 17

I am a lost soul in world of lost souls, 
bumbling about as I play different roles, 
stuck in dramas my ancestors once lived 
as they rejoiced in love, and in loss grieved, 
till lovers embraced with passionate hope 
to create new body that learns to cope. 

I am nameless ghost in valley of masks, 
stuck in daily routine of endless tasks 
producing and preparing food to eat 
as I trudge about on aggressive feet 
in vain attempt to evade hand of death 
who looms over me with each gasping breath. 

Each ancestor still alive in my brain, 
who survived millions of years to attain 
my current state of efficient performance, 
asserts requirements of their importance 
to operate chemical machine of me 
as I rein social constraints to live free. 

As new entity now alive this hour, 
separate from them, I assert my own power 
of conscious will to operate my body 
in quest to transcend fate, and gain samadhi 
through choices I express to play myself 
in lost tale unread in book on the shelf. 

Each ancestor, whose memories compose 
vision of life that my dreaming brain knows, 
developed new ways of acting to find 
nutritious food as Person they designed, 
which provides templates for me to adapt 
as I explore this world their actions mapped. 

When I find myself in dramatic scenes 
to interact with strangers behind screens, 
my brain trips scripts my ancestors composed 
to guide how I relate in role imposed 
by force of hope to realize their success, 
trapped by traditions in old games of chess. 

I play my role according to old rules 
when I employ efficient mental tools, 
but other people, stuck in their own games, 
perform contrary from their own dream frames, 
so our souls clash against heavenly bliss, 
misunderstanding clear signals we miss. 

We are all lost souls in world of lost souls, 
stuck in global tragedy without roles 
prewritten to guide how we should live well 
in Heaven fractured by nationalist Hell, 
so fearful tyrants proclaim themselves kings 
who fight to rule with magical thought rings. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus forges magical thought rings and gives one to each person who bumbles into Theater of the Absurd.

    ReplyDelete