Sunday, August 18, 2024

Journey To The Future

Journey To The Future
© Surazeus
2024 08 18

Sad snake of my heart that crawls in the sky, 
electric with bright television eyes, 
discovers how swift atoms curve to glow 
blue on waves of water, which calculates 
progress of my soul fate that I design 
with each conceptual choice of hope I make. 

Sweet sadness in eyes of snake in my heart 
makes me smile with empathy for faith 
people cherish as they journey strange road 
of life their choices blaze in the waste land 
since bitter tears alone can spark awake 
seeds of fruit that I steal from Tree of Life. 

That Tree of Life is always standing tall 
on Hill of Wisdom by the Lake of Souls 
in every life that my ancestors live 
four hundred million years of hungry hope, 
so I know I can trust the love it gives 
from indifferent bounty of fertile Earth. 

Sad snake of desire that curls in my heart 
is always crawling in the Tree of Life, 
tempting me to taste knowledge of desire 
so I can know beauty and ugliness 
of my frail body, chemical machine 
that aches with pleasure of material lust. 

Each morning I awake from world of dreams, 
where my spirit aspires to transcend forms, 
I breathe deep air of honest hope to rise 
and stretch my muscles taut on fragile bones, 
then lurch forward to baptize my grim heart, 
and pluck Fruit of Faith from the Tree of Life. 

When strangers passing by on road of hope 
ask for fruit to feed hungry heart of truth, 
I give them sweet fruit with generous hand, 
but when they attack to kill me with hate 
to control the Tree of Life, I fight back 
and declare myself Guard God of the Garden. 

Erecting walls of stone with four guard towers 
to protect the Tree of Life for the righteous, 
I create safe haven in paradise 
where children of my seed play secret schemes 
in chess game over who controls the right 
to eat and breed as angels in the garden. 

Sad snake of incarnation in my heart, 
as memories of hope my ancestors lived, 
writhes in hearts of children I generate 
who bury me beneath the Tree of Life 
so molecules of my soul will transform 
to dreams that guide their journey to the future. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus maps our emotional journey to the future in the dreams of our children who transcend our hunger.

    ReplyDelete