Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Chaos Of Blind Desire

Chaos Of Blind Desire
© Surazeus
2024 08 21

Imprisoned in this body of my mind, 
after I fall from well-organized game 
manipulating markets to earn money, 
based on concept of investment and gain, 
I drive car west till it runs out of gas, 
then slouch despondent on the river shore. 

If I could create from hell of lost hope 
new heaven through chaos of blind desire, 
like Satan whose fall carved out free space 
where he could enforce passion of his will, 
I would invest bold energy of faith 
in new world order to control my fate. 

From dismal situation of my soul, 
confounded by illusion of bright wealth, 
cryptocurrency forged from virtual coins 
of thought I can freely buy happiness, 
I stumble in dark woods of hungry greed, 
drunk from obdurate pride of bitter hate. 

Clutching cracked stone in cold river flow, 
as dark dusk shrouds silent woods with blind fear, 
I stare into cloudy depths of its gloom 
as if it were clear Palantir of truth 
which should reveal how events will unfold, 
so I can see which companies might prosper. 

Intending to construct new global order 
of one world empire, by wise monarch ruled 
with strict regulations of thought control, 
I would, like Sauron, establish on Earth 
corporate oligarchy to manage well 
men whose labor would generate my wealth. 

Where I have fallen in this wilderness 
of mineral-rich hills, carved by gushing streams, 
I would build Pandemonium city maze 
to process matter in core of the Earth 
from mine through factory to clean shopping mall, 
which runs global food-production machine. 

Though I am no knight pricking on the plain, 
who loses Una in Cavern of Illusions, 
deceived by arch-mage of world corporate banks, 
I raise White Flag with Red Cross of my faith 
and lead crusade against wild wasteland hordes 
to enforce control with the Market Hand. 

Though I fancy I play Gandalf the Wise, 
controlling farmers and craftsmen with wealth, 
I see face of Sauron and Lucifer 
mirrored in Lake of Dreams where I gaze 
to see if I can understand the truth 
cosmic herald encodes in cryptic spells. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus performs role of the corporate oligarch in new play in Theater of the Absurd.

    ReplyDelete