Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Craftsman Of The Snowflake

Craftsman Of The Snowflake
© Surazeus
2024 08 13

Because wind is craftsman of the snowflake, 
molding contours of the Earth with lusty hands, 
my mind invents concept of the Wise God 
whose words contrive strange beauty of this world 
from magic sparkles of light in my eyes, 
yet I see beautiful face in the moon. 

In desolate condition of my soul 
I see reflection of the voiceless God 
who acts just like the father I once knew, 
teaching me to signify things with names, 
till he stumbles and falls beside the lake, 
then dissolves to dust blowing in the wind. 

Alone in desolation of the world, 
body battered by endless gusts of wind 
that laugh at how I weep tears of despair, 
I seek warm consolation from the hills 
glowing gold with passion of the stone 
cracked open to reveal state of my mind. 

Through obfuscation of aggressive lies 
I twist new point of view to see the world 
with eyes of irony forged from mute rage 
at harsh injustice meted by the strong 
who oppress the weak to enhance their pride 
while I preach justice of the Faceless God. 

Exploring ever upward beyond gloom, 
I transcend scope of my familiar world 
to find new vistas open in wide plains 
where horses gallop among apple trees, 
so I cry wordless song of ecstasy 
that startles flock of crows from grove of bones. 

Impassible mountain of contemptuous stones 
laughs at my attempts to scale its pride, 
yet with bold confidence of mad respect 
I resurrect my body from dark cave 
to step by step ascend toward glowing clouds 
till I stand tall on highest peak of hope. 

Master of insight in Beauty of Truth, 
I stand on high point of the spinning world 
and spread my arms with faith of Icarus 
to leap and fly above vast maze of myths, 
but fall with pride of Lucifer to Hell 
where I construct city of pyramids. 

Erecting stone walls to build paradise, 
I tend lush garden of fruit trees and herbs 
where children of my wife play hide and seek 
so when I die they can bury my corpse 
beneath the tree that will transform my soul 
of sparkling atoms into fruit to eat. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus invents concept of God as Craftsman of the Snowflake, then jumps from Bridge of Forgetfulness to drown in the River Styx.

    ReplyDelete