Tuesday, August 6, 2024

My Name Is Lazarus

My Name Is Lazarus
© Surazeus
2024 08 06

Though I chant loud as rain, "Let there be light," 
nothing appears when I open my eyes, 
so I reach out my hand in nothingness 
and cry softly, "My name is Lazarus," 
at sudden gleam of despair in black skies 
that beams strange world of color in my sight. 

I float so long in darkness of grim night 
I fear that I have died and disappeared, 
but harsh tune vibrates from lash of my tongue 
contrary to psalm the river had sung 
at sunset hour of horror when I smeared 
my face with mud to seek transcendent flight. 

Though my life is vague and inaccurate 
compared to role the world messiah plays, 
I wonder if dawn star will resurrect 
my rotten body crippled by defect, 
so in my mind I draw map of the maze 
where I search for the sacred amulet. 

I feel my loathsome body dissipate 
as pulsing form of bones and flesh dissolves 
from slashing lacerations of false hope 
till I become ache of the mountain slope 
entangled in code no blind angel solves, 
arrogant enough to choose my own fate. 

Awake in freezing darkness by the gate 
that locks my spirit out of paradise, 
I wait for Jesus to open my grave, 
after he walks across the frozen wave, 
and give me grail of blood to pay the price, 
but no one arrives to alter my state. 

If my angel wings cannot bear the weight 
of bitter sorrow that could fuel my drive 
to climb high mountain peak of bleeding stars, 
then I must construct time-machine cars 
in quest for truth that makes me feel alive 
because my free spirit becomes the bait. 

Nobody but me should pay my soul debt 
when gloom of error in the cave of faith 
translates my body to conceptual form 
of Jupiter who controls psychic storm, 
for I embody passion of the wraith 
as first-born son of Princess Baphomet. 

When gleam of dawn evokes the ethernet 
world of material forms appears from gloom 
so I breathe deep ethereal soul of truth, 
inspired to play role of messiah sleuth 
as we seek how to save the Earth from doom 
that spells ideas through the alphabet. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus lies awake in cave of error till hope resurrects is soul from conceptual death.

    ReplyDelete