Sunday, July 9, 2023

Justify The Ways Of God

Justify The Ways Of God
© Surazeus
2023 07 09

I will not justify the ways of God to Man 
for no great supernatural conscious mind 
subsists outside material realm of atoms 
because vast structure of our universe 
radiates bright beams of mindless energy 
as suns that nurture worlds blooming with life. 

With Job and Lear on windy heath of rage 
I shout at fierce destructive lightning storm 
that swirls indifferent to organic life 
as if wild chaos of that phenomenon 
stares down at me with face of Jupiter 
who glares as symbol of mad tribal kings. 

So as I gaze at faceless thunder clouds 
I wonder why my mind equates its rage 
with petty tyrant of some bronze age gang 
who struts his hour on high ziggurat stage, 
insisting he retains authority 
bestowed by his choice to kill me nor not. 

When God who reigns on ziggurat of power 
appoints his lazy ineffectual son 
heir to wield scepter of authority 
instead of his most talented minister, 
Lucifer chooses to rebel with pride 
and leads his tribe to build New Paradise. 

I find in mythic tropes religions stage 
as cosmic battle for resource control 
between divine forces of good and evil 
real events of political campaigns 
between the winner who calls himself God 
and the loser whom he condemns as Satan. 

Each series of unfortunate events 
that beset the most devout loyal man 
in disasters of disease and bankruptcy 
are caused by agents of the mortal kind, 
contrived by greedy men to confiscate 
land and wealth of hardworking citizens. 

I would declare no invectives of rage 
against the mindless energy of time 
by setting myself as innocent victim 
against machine of economic fortune 
wealthy lords wield to control and exploit 
craftsmen and farmers who build with their hands. 

There is no conscious supernatural God 
directing progress of global events 
that aid the wealthy to exploit the poor 
for me to justify with priestly sermons, 
so I take fortune as it comes and goes, 
accepting I will fall after I rise. 


No comments:

Post a Comment