Monday, July 31, 2023

Freedom Of Your Wing

Freedom Of Your Wing
© Surazeus
2023 07 31

If I walk backward through the deathless door 
I might remember what I came here for, 
or I might paint grand mural on the wall 
depicting concept of the mental fall 
when people search for God in empty skies 
till everyone becomes adventurous spies. 

We tell each other stories we invent 
about strange situations we resent 
when we join competition by the lake 
to prove our most treasured beliefs are fake, 
so we sit at round table in the woods 
to eat pies and talk about sad childhoods. 

Alone together in the doorless home, 
annoyed at clever pranks of the blind gnome, 
we sketch ideas for the corporate clown 
who secretly controls our entire town 
while harassing people whose skin is brown 
till he escapes and continues to roam. 

Because I am illusion in your mind, 
created by these spells my faith designed, 
you must disperse my city-haunting ghost 
to please hungry heart of your bitter host 
who always brings you fresh water to drink 
though you insist on privacy to think. 

Our children sitting by abandoned schools 
ask us how humans invented weird tools 
that we employ to conquer soul of Nature 
based on bold laws passed by the legislature 
before the second coming of the king 
who wants to tax the freedom of your wing. 

The finch that waits on stop sign in moonlight 
explains why nothing can be always right 
as if we choose to steal the arcane book 
containing riddles by child of the cook 
who takes your photo on the busy square 
because you keep shouting nothing is fair. 

If I could teleport through sheets of rain 
to find Zarathi where sad dragons reign 
then I would sail the winding mountain stream 
while singing life is nothing but a dream 
unless you choose to join our justice team 
in social drama conjured by my brain. 

Yet I accept abrupt end of my life 
inside Heaven where I dwell with my wife 
who urges me to overcome my weakness 
as I dance on the lone shore strewn with bleakness 
to find pearl-seed from which our new world blooms 
when our social revolution resumes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment