Thursday, July 13, 2023

Since I Married Despair

Since I Married Despair
© Surazeus
2023 07 13

If thirteen ravens in snow-frosted oaks 
reveal strange wisdom of the signless road 
then I will go where new religious hoax 
enchants bored humans with eye of the toad 
who hums vibration of the dreaming brain 
which must accept that mirror truth is vain. 

Trapped in Abyss of Anger with Despair, 
I tell her how I love her with my heart 
since Bridge of Resentment will disappear 
when we share happy memories that can chart 
our sacred quest through Underworld of Faith 
in challenge to understand the Star Wraith. 

When I first meet Despair in foggy gloom 
after I escape walls of paradise 
I execrate terrible glare of doom 
that flashes with harsh truth in her black eyes, 
but I have learned to dwell with her in life 
for her love helps me manage daily strife. 

Though sweet Despair will lead me to my grave, 
I hold her hand and keep her by my side 
for she translates arcane song of the wave 
that encodes sacred wisdom of the tide 
which teaches me how to surf stormy change 
as I invent word concepts for the strange. 

When I make love with Despair by all means 
she generates new body for our souls 
so immortal mind of our psychic genes 
reincarnates in children with new goals 
as we evolve from fish to singing god 
who records our grand narrative in code. 

Though I hated and feared Despair at first, 
since she is harbinger of spirit growth 
as we mature through pain of the dream cursed, 
I now love her with my most solemn oath 
that her complex cosmology of love 
reflects true state with no Heaven above. 

Since atoms of our bodies bound by time 
flare forth together from first flash of hope 
we tangle our genes with romantic mime, 
then mingle our dust on the mountain slope, 
for we are One through all eternity, 
separate players who share posterity. 

Since I married Despair in Hall of Dreams 
we dwell together on the spinning world 
in secret havens by productive streams 
as sharp-eyed Sibyl and the Cosmic Herald 
with thirteen ravens in the mountain grove 
for we live and die with the glow of love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment