Saturday, July 29, 2023

Almost Hear Earth Speak

Almost Hear Earth Speak
© Surazeus
2023 07 29

When I walk in sun of the silent Earth 
Diogenes in barrel of grim pride 
asks me if I can hear her anguished cry, 
so I watch fish swim in the burbling stream 
to think about mortality of life 
as my grave is shaped like teardrop of hope. 

The old man with the tangled wizard beard 
who sneaks oatmeal cookie he should not eat 
asks me if I can hear the mute Earth sing, 
so I pretend I can with careful grin 
because the Earth keeps screaming at my mask 
about exhaust from factories and cars. 

Long after I am dead ten thousand years 
young children running in field where I live 
will see my face in glowing clouds of time 
disguised as marble figurine who smiles 
beyond cleft in logical space of truth 
till we deign to hear the Earth tell us why. 

So I climb ladder to the empty room 
because the key of knowledge I designed 
that opens door to temple of sad ghosts 
is lost in river of the tongueless seer 
who searches for vanished ocean of love 
where wingless angels drown in womb of time. 

Still writing rough draft of his false memoirs 
Diogenes explains cause and effect 
that flows from actions of our grasping hands 
since we ignore windy voice of the Earth 
describe her agony of hostile hope 
through infinite progression of regrowth. 

With concentrated beam of morning light, 
that aims atomic thoughts at frozen lakes 
still glowing with electric purple sheen, 
young lovers meet by walls of paradise 
who offer apples to clock in the oak 
that speaks for the Earth with courageous voice. 

When I stand blind outside door of my home 
long after I cease my quest for the grail 
I almost hear Earth speak about her pain 
which she expresses through the hurricane 
when angels dance from hollow heart of love 
to sing sweet hymns on holy night of birth. 

So when I leave this wild immigrant land 
to return to my homeland torn by war 
I will carve my true name on altar stone 
to honor Jupiter Diogenes, 
the wisest fool who ever lived on Earth 
because only he ever heard her sing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment