Sunday, July 16, 2023

I Can Build New Paradise

I Can Build New Paradise
© Surazeus
2023 07 16

Since wind can only talk to me through trees 
I stand outside unlocked door of my home 
and listen to song of the universe 
explain the meaning of love to my heart, 
so I glow with joy while I realize 
my heart is making up the song it hears. 

Since I pick raspberries in silver mist 
when everyone else is singing in church 
I feel transcendent spirit of the Earth 
radiate from center of the universe 
so I become one mind with every soul 
who dreams awake on every spinning world. 

Since I feel every conscious soul alive 
on every third world from its glowing sun 
in countless galaxies I see as stars 
I swell beyond this fragile mortal shell 
that nurtures conscious sense of my I Am 
so I smile though I know we all will die. 

Since I am stuck in this body as me, 
wondering why I am me, and no one else, 
I walk back to my home on signless road 
and watch the people of my family 
perform their duties in our household game, 
amazed that we are alive this strange hour. 

Since gang of angry men with guns of hate 
surround our home in sudden vile attack 
I hide in oak tree by the screaming stream 
and watch in shock of paralyzed despair 
as every one I love is shot and killed, 
and Earth is soaked with blood of their desire. 

Since flames of fire consume my sacred home 
as red indifferent sun blasts behind hills 
I crouch beside the owl with moon-gold eyes 
ten thousand years of spirit-shattering fear 
till my broken heart is empty of rage 
and all my tears flood rivers of black dawn. 

Since bodies of the people I love most 
have vanished in hot searing flames of hate 
I kneel in ashes of their nothingness 
and weep with anguish at terrible loss 
for passionate beauty of their sweet souls 
transformed by roots of trees into ripe fruit. 

Since my whole family and home are gone, 
my Heaven destroyed by the greed of Hell, 
I turn away from paradise I lost 
and walk the signless road of everywhere 
to wander waste land of my bitter heart 
so I can build new paradise with love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment