Friday, July 7, 2023

Radical Light Of Music

Radical Light Of Music
© Surazeus
2023 07 06

Radical light of music in my skull 
sways swirls of sound that shudder in the gloom 
with immanent compassion of respect 
for impermanence of our fragile souls 
through weight of objective reality 
that keeps me walking on the solid ground. 

Transcending body of my naked soul, 
unmasked by churning desire to survive, 
I float above the ground on frantic wings 
because I like existing in this shell 
of flesh supported by bold skeleton 
as I dance laughing in bright rainbow rain. 

Confronted by mute horror of my death, 
I open wide my arms to embrace fate 
through joy for Beautiful Necessity 
that we cannot last forever on Earth 
when I transcend despair with sublime sense 
that this eternal moment I am real. 

The wingless angel of eternal truth 
lies not down on the temporal hill of hope 
for she glows bright with timeless ecstasy 
that inspires me to celebrate with angst 
how I exist by accident of fate 
when two strangers generated my soul. 

With futile passion to transcend my death 
I spin on helpless gravity of faith 
with every breath that I inhale pure light 
which swells my body beyond bounds of ruth 
as I gaze deep in eyes of the abyss 
where my own monstrous face grins back at me. 

Awake in valley of forgotten books, 
I turn around to see if I can feel 
shimmer of metaphysical foreplay 
that narrates patterns of epiphany 
with concern how flow of time constitutes 
relationships I weave in game of life. 

Yet with effect of disenchanted play 
through transformation of experience, 
based firm on antiromantic desire, 
I recognize alien state of my soul 
which I accept as stranger I must name 
to highlight nature of immortal mind. 

Deep inside the hard-shelled egg of my heart 
amazing light of the unformed Seraph 
evolves from concept to angelic soul 
transforming me from mortal man of flesh 
to shimmering idol of my displaced self 
who smiles at me from mirror of the sky. 


No comments:

Post a Comment