Friday, July 14, 2023

Living My Sad Life

Living My Sad Life
© Surazeus
2023 07 14

I have so much fun living my sad life 
of messy nonchalance on signless road 
while stumbling nowhere to my mundane fate 
where I will talk to laughing skulls of gods 
about how badly I have failed to gain 
wealth or power in the world game of greed. 

So I knock on the door of every house 
to sell this book of scriptures I once found 
buried in mud in tangled roots of truth 
beneath the dead tree where Adam kissed Eve 
to generate the fragile human race 
but no one wants to buy these fairy tales. 

So I walk out on lonely beach of lies 
where Mother Night presents the shining moon 
that would enhance my body with new vibes 
to play bionic man of fallen Troy 
but speeding car that bounces over dunes 
strikes me dead with bleeding hammer of Thor. 

We hang out on the timeless shore of truth 
to drink bad beer and talk about the girl 
whose eyes shine brighter than the mirror moon 
when she plays princess on the silver screen 
yet I wail loud with heart of broken dreams 
because she is elusive ghost of love. 

When I pause on the signless road of life 
and look back on the path I chose to walk 
I wonder that I made it to this land 
where apple trees explode from singing skulls 
because I had no shining star as goal 
that guides my journey to the Promised Land. 

Somehow through failure of my loser life 
I found success in garden of the ghost 
who sings ethereal melody of love 
that haunts my heart with eerie memories 
of childhood in some strange land far away 
that no one else remembers now but me. 

The way the sun gleamed on the huge oak tree 
and how the raven hopped in field of wheat 
now makes my heart ache with forbidden hope 
that eerie ambiance of that long-lost hour 
would motivate my journey beyond death 
yet still I love Despair with my whole heart. 

How blessed I am by random luck of fate 
that I found you on island of the snake 
for since we joined hands with the ring of love 
I have walked primrose path of calm success 
so when I lie down on the Earth to die 
I will think about you without regret. 



No comments:

Post a Comment