Sunday, July 30, 2023

Weird Fiction Of My Life

Weird Fiction Of My Life
© Surazeus
2023 07 30

While living in weird fiction of my life 
I realize with sly grin of irony 
I am the universe of mindless light 
looking at itself from organic brains, 
so I kneel before fierce girl whom I love 
and ask her to marry me with the Ring. 

Beamed upward into Heaven from my corpse, 
I walk gold streets of arrogant disdain 
with angel wings I stole from Icarus 
after I found him washed up on the shore, 
so I wander into Olympus hall 
to feast on apples while Apollo sings. 

Deformed by passion of physical hope 
to generate new life before I die, 
I play folk songs outside the pearly gates, 
knocking at the locked door of paradise 
each time I wake up from another life 
because I want to incarnate again. 

I dive into swirling Time Well of light 
and fall ten thousand miles through inner space 
to crash into this body stuck on Earth 
when I wake every morning from weird dreams 
where I move to the city from the farm 
because the river keeps telling me truths. 

After reliving life of each ancestor 
who generated my body from genes, 
where I experience struggle to survive 
as I evolve from fish to wingless angel, 
I record history of humanity 
that mocks our blind faith in the Afterlife. 

Flat on my back on fractured Raft of Hope, 
I float with helpless acceptance of death 
along relentless tides of random fate 
till I find myself washed up on the shore 
of Avalon Isle, hidden in gray mist, 
where I follow flock of crows to Stonehenge. 

Dressed in black cloak I sewed from demon wings, 
I play role of the wily Raven King 
whose eerie song enchants your mortal minds 
with beautiful visions of paradise 
to lure you from pathetic lives of faith 
because your dance energizes my soul. 

No other meaning for this too-brief life 
have I found on my quest for sacred truth 
except to play clever jester of freedom  
to mock bullies who proclaim themselves kings 
while I teach my children how to live well 
by doing what they will, if they harm none. 


No comments:

Post a Comment