Friday, July 7, 2023

Revelation Of The Violin

Revelation Of The Violin
© Surazeus
2023 07 07

Though I wake up at dawn inside my shadow 
that mirrors anguish of lost souls below, 
I will skip whistling to the farmers market 
where fairies sing spells so I can forget 
terrible things on the ocean that happen 
to refugees from war who sing amen. 

When the pretty singer lost in her seizure 
declares she will marry her kind chauffeur 
he waves to angels in celestial orbit 
so mountain wolves know when best to commit 
to sacred journey in the covered wagon 
when wild children insist the games begin. 

The poor cook who sighs by the broken window 
wonders when the king will come to bestow 
the jeweled crown that would make her the target 
of jealous gossipers filled with regret 
that her eyes enchant the arrogant dragon 
who gives her Apple of Eris again. 

Because eyes of the girl that shimmer azure 
express profound proverb meant to assure 
excess profit on the theater circuit 
the seer in the cave proceeds to transmit 
puzzle spells that curse his attempt to campaign 
and cheat workers in the royal domain. 

If our bodies are composed of soul matter 
then older people would act more mature, 
yet I sell my soul on the moonlit crossroad 
for secret key that will help me encode 
tales in the book devils cannot open 
for how to maintain psychic peace within. 

When facing danger I channel the otter 
to design courage which helps me endure 
indifference of nature that Satan borrowed 
from death before kind Lucifer bestowed 
badge of honor I hide in the lake cabin 
where I strum guitar with careful chagrin. 

Though proud spirit of our nation may shatter, 
because we are tricked by glamorous allure 
of broken machines Zeus sells by the cartload, 
our democracy will never implode 
as long as we can feast on roasted mutton 
while Cinderella twirls her gold baton. 

Since my heart is entranced by eerie patter 
of rain on the hills, I seek to ensure 
we comprehend wordless truth of the hoptoad 
that sparks divine glow in my brain cathode 
as I rise reborn from spiritual bracken 
through revelation of the violin. 


No comments:

Post a Comment