Monday, July 3, 2023

Vanish In Our Dreams

Vanish In Our Dreams
© Surazeus
2023 07 03

The individual conscious glow of self 
emanates from functioning neural cells 
that compose mind of our organic brains 
woven from atoms into chemicals 
that spiral from dreamless eye of the sun 
so we vanish to nothing when we die. 

I ache to live beyond my hour of death 
with shocking anguish of desire to taste 
conceptual pleasure of beauty and truth 
so when I stand alone on ocean shore 
I weep with sorrow that all souls will die 
and vanish in dreamless eternity. 

Alone in doorless house of glowing eyes 
that glides on vast atomic wings of light, 
I dream whole history of our universe 
while singing to the lonely apple nymphs 
because I am frail butterfly of faith 
who flits among flowers of humankind. 

I lounge on rain-wet grass in Elysium 
to ponder flower of mortality 
while lusty birds twitter in apple trees 
about divine power of free-will choice 
that every human being may exercise 
while we expand our consciousness with love. 

Relaxing under apple tree of truth 
among soft rainbow-colored yarrow blooms, 
I gaze at diamond marble in my hand 
inside which swirl ten billion galaxies 
with soul-infested worlds around each sun 
that glows bright as the neurons in my brain. 

As white velvet petals float in my hair 
and gold finches discuss philosophy 
I strum Orphic strings of ash-wood guitar 
to hum heart-aching melody of hope 
about harsh loss we humans must endure 
when people we love vanish in our dreams. 

Though I cannot see their souls with my eyes 
I seem to sense ghosts of people I love 
float around me in soft Elysian breeze 
but they are eidola my brain invents 
to flash as fireflies in blue evening dusk 
that lead me safe to twilight zone of death. 

Bury my body by the apple tree 
so her roots that embrace my corpse with love 
can transform the flashing atoms of my soul 
into ripe apples glistening in sunlight 
so my children may consume who I was 
when divine consciousness wakes in their brains. 


No comments:

Post a Comment