Monday, July 10, 2023

My Fragile Character

My Fragile Character
© Surazeus
2023 07 10

When gods approach the level of my world, 
weighed down by our human mortality, 
their presence sparks that divine glow of truth 
that radiates from every cell of my soul, 
so I transcend my fragile character 
through apotheosis of wordless books. 

Strutting about on jagged mountain peak, 
Zeus gestures hands to gather lightning storm 
expressing rage of greedy tyranny 
to hurl electric lightning at my soul 
that sparks my consciousness awake with death 
so I dream history of our universe. 

Enthroned on gold throne of high ziggurat, 
El wields brass scepter tipped with diamond eye 
refracting rainbow of divine insight 
to commission me with numinous quest 
so I write epic of philosophers 
praising seekers of wisdom based on truth. 

Sitting at his workbench in market shop, 
Demiurgus molds shapeless material 
of metal, clay, and wood into new forms 
existing within bounds of time and space 
that embody each changeless ideal form 
to create virtual model of the world. 

Counting gold coins in marble-columned fane, 
Jupiter designs economic plan 
to fund programs with fecund capital 
for farmers and craftsmen to create goods 
that nurture flourishing civilization 
managed by Hermes with his Wand of Wisdom. 

Gliding hot-air balloon in the blue sky, 
Yahweh floats over labyrinth of temples 
to watch over life in Garden of Eden 
till Adam steals apples from Tree of Life, 
so he descends on whirling wings of flame 
and drives him out from walls of paradise. 

Wandering in woods of rugged mountain caves 
with the wolf and the raven by his side, 
Gwodin wraps himself warm with bear-fur cloak, 
mixes red mushrooms with honey and milk, 
then drinks from holy grail of ecstasy 
to dance with frenzied energy of stars. 

For all immortal gods of ancient myths 
are characters and stories humans tell 
as shadows of our selves on monoliths, 
based on great noble men who once lived well, 
since every age invents God in their image 
to mirror errors of our mortal souls. 


No comments:

Post a Comment