Saturday, July 29, 2023

Because I Know Nothing

Because I Know Nothing
© Surazeus
2023 07 29

Because I know nothing, Socrates smirks, 
I am incarnation of god on Earth 
since I will return to dust in the wind 
because my body emerged from the sea, 
for I would rather rule my mind with love 
that rule nations of men with fist of knowledge. 

With cheerful wisdom of my joyful heart 
I savor passionate being of my soul 
as I conform to common human pattern 
with fluid performance of self-control 
that channels energy of lust to breed 
through constructive rites of honest respect. 

When spirit of wisdom on lightning wings 
leaps from darkness of contemptuous crowds 
I wake in cave of illusions to keep 
the jealous keys that Truth forged from despair 
which unlock her eternal doors for souls 
who seek the stolen treasure of our hearts. 

To burst circumference of the reading mind 
through recurrence of harmonious thought 
I record perception of active minds 
through observation of regular modes 
expressing music of essential love 
with metric dancing of elegant faith. 

Though I long fear to contemplate my death 
when time erases my bright consciousness 
from vibrant swirling of our global play, 
I shall relax and live each day with joy 
for Mother Nature, who created me, 
will teach me how to die with charming smile. 

Though hordes of men with passionate beliefs 
battle in cyberspace to define truth, 
I lounge in candle-lit tower of faith 
with Rapunzel, my love who combs her hair, 
to contemplate weird mystery of our being, 
and write fairy tales about haughty kings. 

Because I wear gold mask of modesty 
to prove my humble attitude of faith 
I simulate concern for loyalty 
while painting virtual world of pretty dreams, 
fractured with mirror that reflects God Face 
my eyes project at vast indifferent sky. 

Every perspective on reality 
that men can focus their attentive minds 
extends how I view world of changing forms 
as fluid energies bound with ideas 
when strict patterns constrain chaotic matter, 
Socrates grins, then drinks wine from the grail. 


No comments:

Post a Comment