Sunday, July 2, 2023

Bridge Of Nevermore

Bridge Of Nevermore
© Surazeus
2023 07 02

When I sit on edge of the broken bridge 
and peer through swirling mist of hungry angst 
I see each moment of my pointless life 
when I stumble on hard road of regret 
till God appears as sweet Angel of Death 
who invents meaning for my useless deeds. 

The dark shadow in the brightly lit hall 
who approaches me from eternity 
reveals herself to be Angel of Death 
who knows all my secrets I keep concealed 
that sprout as flowers after storming rain 
for I am sunlight in this fragile form. 

Though Death seems cruel because she must erase 
our fragile bodies from dream of this world 
to rearrange our transient molecules 
yet I feel sweet intensity of love 
beam bright from solar mirror of her eyes 
that flush my body with passion of faith. 

While I stand lost on Bridge of Nevermore, 
paralyzed by terror of Nothingness, 
the beautiful Angel of Death appears 
in flash of lightning from the howling storm 
and hugs my broken body to her heart 
with love that beams from eye of the White Whole. 

Embodied by each soul I meet in life 
who greets me with adoring cheer of love, 
the Angel of Death who will end my life 
always appears when I need her the most, 
giving me gift of hope with light of joy 
that guides my way in darkest rugged nights. 

Misfortune and Good Luck will always wear 
the same face in the people I love most, 
so I will embrace both Hope and Despair 
for they walk with me on the Road of Life 
which I have blazed with anguish of desire, 
erecting signs that lead to paradise. 

Though I construct with bleeding hands of fear 
protective walls of secret paradise 
to guard my family safe in haven home, 
the Angel of Death will stand by my side 
to keep watch during long cold windy nights, 
and then puts us to sleep with gentle hands. 

In desperate terror of dark nothingness 
I invent this grim figure of despair 
who appears to me as Angel of Death, 
dark shadow of Doom who decides my fate, 
to manage forceful energy of fear 
which I channel in these heart-aching psalms. 


No comments:

Post a Comment