Friday, July 14, 2023

Binds My Soul To You

Binds My Soul To You
© Surazeus
2023 07 14

When I transcend mute sorrow of despair 
my eyes will see bright ribbons of the wind 
swirl clear in ever-changing flow of faith 
that cycles spiral of the universe 
reflecting subtle nuance of desire 
that binds my soul with thought integrity. 

When I leap ditch of glittering water stream 
in field of wheat beside the restless sea 
I capture wind in wings I do not have 
with hope to soar above this sticky world 
but I fall back to solid ground of fate 
that binds my soul with words I never speak. 

I stare long at huge mansions on the beach 
with ancient sorrow of the falling leaf 
to wonder why my body seethes with wind 
that swells my mind enormous as this globe 
on which I stumble in my quest for truth 
that binds my soul with drops of shining rain. 

Each hour the black bird lands in field of wheat 
I sing while marching on the signless road 
with army of the lost and dispossessed 
who form bold union of the righteous seer 
to fight against oppression of the rich 
that binds my soul with coinage forged in Hell. 

Her eyes could resurrect my broken mind 
from tangled skein in labyrinth of lies 
where I wait blind at windows of red snow 
for my lost love to walk the wind-torn road 
when they return from fight against cruel greed 
that binds my soul with books burned after dawn. 

Strange emptiness of hope in angry hearts 
lures me to search dark cavern of fake dreams 
for shining diamond of unquestioned wealth 
that gleams bright with first flash at dawn of time 
so I can see how we evolve from light 
that binds my soul with rays of energy. 

With you on mountain slope in swirling mist 
I want to know strange beauty of your soul 
when I explore deep contours of your face 
till we become one integrated mind 
to build our secret paradise with love 
that binds my soul to you with magic ring. 

Elusive beauty of our complex world 
shines clear from windy breath of every soul 
who ever lives on every spinning world 
that thrives with life across the universe 
but you and I share love on this frail Earth 
that binds my soul with spirit of the wind. 


No comments:

Post a Comment