Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Wilderness Of Idaho

Wilderness Of Idaho
© Surazeus
2024 09 25

When my heart aches for how the sun shines gold 
through swirling mist upon the Isle of Lewis, 
I teleport halfway around the globe 
to dance with glee in gray Callanish Stones 
while gowned with fairy light in fox-fur robe 
till star atoms vibrate within my bones. 

When I once strode across rugged Uig Hills, 
where ghostly Kittiwakes glide overhead, 
my eyes became entranced by scarlet glow 
of tiny sundews blooming from black soil, 
so I danced with delicate star-eyed sprites 
who swirled around me with soft siren song. 

Lost in vast woods, far distant from my home, 
I pause by cold indifferent waterfall 
to weep for sun-gold valleys of my heart 
where I once played on sparkling river shore, 
then journey onward to the Promised Land 
somewhere beyond the rainbow of my hope. 

The farther west I journey in vast woods 
from Isle of Lewis where my mother waits, 
the tighter I feel yoresick bonds of sorrow 
tug my heart to return across wild sea, 
yet I know I must blaze new trail of faith 
forth into rugged wilderness of fate. 

While sailing down the Boise River flow 
through Sawtooth Range in verdant Idaho, 
I sing heart-aching melody of hope 
my mother sang by smoky hearth of faith 
to lift my heart on white wings of desire 
as tears flow down my wind-enleathered cheeks. 

Dreaming of my mother on Isle of Lewis, 
I weep enough tears from my lonely heart 
to fill deep basin of Loch Langavat 
that shimmers silver with each flash of wind 
across dark wordless waters of my soul 
that blinds me to beauty of this new land. 

The way bright sunrays flash down bare Uig Hills 
with rugged ambience of honest faith 
fills me with passion of the pioneer 
to build new home on shore of Nampa Lake 
where I plant berries from the Rowan tree 
that blooms by cottage where my mother sings. 

After striding vales in the Sawtooth Range, 
through white-barked Aspens flaming gold with joy, 
I lounge on shore of sparkling Sawtooth Lake 
and gaze at jagged mountain peak of truth 
till my heart glitters with its nonchalance, 
at home in wilderness of Idaho. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus recounts his journey from Isle of Lewis in Scotland to build new home in wilderness of Idaho.

    ReplyDelete