Sunday, September 8, 2024

Eternal Flame Of Azar

Eternal Flame Of Azar
© Surazeus
2024 09 08

Our tale is not for you to understand 
for how we came to grow in love remains 
secret from judgment of your observation, 
therefore accept with gratitude for fate 
that our hearts are bound with wings of desire 
stronger than those fortunate angels wield. 

Descending from storm clouds on wings of fire, 
Icarus dives toward horde of snarling demons 
lead by cruel king Orcus from caves of fire 
where they forge swords of bronze from shining stone, 
and fires arrows tipped with star-diamond shards 
that shatter iron breastplates of despair. 

Bearing pregnant Libera in his arms, 
Icarus carries her from fierce battlefield, 
where Asuras and Devas fight for land, 
and hides her safe in grove of apple trees 
deep in secret valley of Elysium, 
where she bears Sylphus during a rainstorm. 

Suckling baby boy Sylphus at her breast, 
Libera hums soul-soothing melody 
while Icarus stands guard in the watch tower 
to tend bright Eternal Flame of Azar 
which shines as beacon far across the lands 
where the elvish children of Helius dwell. 

Grasping at the wrought-iron gates of Heaven, 
Orcus howls with rage for his kidnapped wife, 
demanding that Icarus set her free, 
but Libera appears from swirling mist, 
head shining with the seven-jeweled crown, 
while holding baby Sylphus in her arms. 

Behold this child that I bore from my womb, 
and see that he is not child of your seed, 
and know Icarus is the man I love 
for you, Orcus, kept me your prisoner, 
controlling my life against my free will, 
while he set me free to live as I choose. 

True love gives me my liberty to choose, 
so I live as I will, if I harm none, 
and gives me power to achieve my goals 
by making real through magic what I dream, 
therefore I choose to marry Icarus 
whose wisdom sired soul of Sylphus, our son. 

Wrenching open gates of Heaven with rage, 
Orcus charges to kill woman and child, 
but Icarus fires swift arrow of truth, 
then, after they burn the devil in fire, 
he gives little Sylphus toy wooden horse 
who giggles as he grasps it in his hand. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus teaches Sylphus how to write magic spells with Runes from Well of Odin.

    ReplyDelete