Monday, September 23, 2024

Janus Who Sees Everything

Janus Who Sees Everything
© Surazeus
2024 09 23

Each day when we reach the end of the world 
I stand in door of my home and gaze out 
at all the people with their special names 
who live in every valley of the globe, 
each person going forth on quest of hope 
to chase the fleeting butterfly of love. 

Wearing mask of God on back of my head, 
I tell every angel I meet on Earth 
that I am Janus who sees everything, 
so when they laugh at my conceptual joke 
I feel cheerful rush of adrenaline 
explode inside my brain with demon wings. 

Another hour flows by in sparkling waves 
of psychic vision mapping ordered change 
as I slowly row my small river boat 
while telling one-eyed giants on the shore 
that I am Nobody who knows the rules 
gods arbitrarily change so they win. 

With gracious attitude of humble pride 
I play new mythic role assigned to me 
by oldest woman in the world who laughs 
when I object to why we all must die, 
reluctant to assert my right to breathe 
while tumbling down the hill with Jill my love. 

Too amicable through arrogant charm, 
which teaches me the sympathetic ploy 
for leaping off the mountain cliff of faith, 
I give everyone on the road of life 
thick slice of apple pie my mother bakes 
so they will elect me King of the Trees. 

Yet all the truths I gather in my hands 
to construct grand world view of wicked peace 
escape on raven wings of thoughtful fear 
to scatter seeds of discord in the soil 
so sons of farmers spring from dragon teeth 
who transform into loyal warriors. 

Outspoken prophet in the hall of power 
recalculates income from feudal fields 
to cherish precious works of noble art 
that bleed tears of peasants from eyes of God 
which stains marble floor of our museum 
where Phoebus smashes idols with guitar. 

Brass statue of Buddha, stolen by Thor, 
appears twenty years later on book shelf 
in the lonely house of the rising sun 
where Sylphus asks Syrinx to marry him, 
so they drink wine while dancing on the porch 
to celebrate our rebirth from world war. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus documents the romance of Sylphus and Syrinx for the reality television show he produces.

    ReplyDelete