Friday, September 27, 2024

Holy Mushroom Toad

Holy Mushroom Toad
© Surazeus
2024 09 27

Arrogant god of the telephone pole 
shouts at me on the signless desert road 
so I stop and ask him with serious mien 
about the grifter in the business suit 
who sells Bibles to widows on small farms 
to buy jewelry, fast cars, and ocean yachts. 

Dedicated to performing my role 
as high priest of the Holy Mushroom Toad, 
I code new program for the Dream Machine 
while Anahita plays the crystal flute 
to win my heart with psychomantic charms 
so I can talk with ghosts of proud robots. 

When it comes to truth I am paravant 
in the avant-garde of religious jazz 
for delicate fairies dancing in snow 
who gaze into the camera and smile 
which hides ambition to escape the zoo 
and search for truth in hills of Mexico. 

Truth is revealed through the experiment 
clowns conduct in palace of Alcatraz 
despite proclivity to always know 
how beauty queens radiate elegant style 
within framework of our global world view 
that favors keepers of the status quo. 

To achieve Nirvana of cosmic Zen 
while singing ballads in small country towns 
I decide to operate hardware store 
which funds grand temple of the sacred cow 
so I earn enough to marry Bog Witch 
descended from son of Jehoshaphat. 

Meditating in chapel of Big Ben, 
I watch horses race on the misty downs 
while elves catalog spirits of folklore 
describing romance of Forever Now 
for weddings that proceed without a hitch 
because the cute bride knows she is all that. 

I invent theories why the sky is blue 
which mirrors global matrix of my eye, 
encouraging children to ponder why 
Jesus and Mermaid make love by the spring 
whose daughter rides the swift Minervan doe 
in tour to enforce social justice laws. 

Pandora gives me bowl of hot beef stew 
because she knows I am the Trojan spy 
sent to steal wings Icarus used to fly 
when he patrols maze of the magic ring 
on quest to map the starry dynamo 
in psychic machinery of Lord Tiwaz. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus wanders with Tiwaz and Jehoshaphat at the amusement park till they find their girlfriends on the merry-go-round.

    ReplyDelete