Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Old Spirit Of The Earth

Old Spirit Of The Earth
© Surazeus
2024 09 04

I feel old spirit of the Earth in water 
and how it moves through veins of everything, 
so I stretch my arms up to the Blue Sky 
and ask Mother Nature to send us rain, 
so she sprinkles strange beauty on my head 
that makes my brain blossom with honey flowers. 

I wonder why bright spirit of my mind 
can never leave ordered frame of my body, 
and why I blank out when I fall asleep 
to float in the nothingness of weird dreams 
which seem to be lost memories of the dead, 
then I wake and drink water from the sky. 

I try to measure proportion of fate 
that Mother Nature blindly allocates 
to each person who struggles to design 
way of living that sustains operation 
of this organic body which supports 
chemical functions of my conscious soul. 

I balance good and evil of the world, 
apportioned by fortune to each lost soul 
who suffers pain or pleasure as they go 
somewhere stranger in the world of forms 
beyond bounds of reality they know, 
and find they are both equal in the end. 

I wake from vision at the flashing roar 
of a summer thunderstorm crashing wild 
to chuckle amused my ancestors thought 
some angry storm god was attacking them, 
but fortune or misfortune in this life 
occurs at random we must navigate. 

I dream old spirit of the Earth in light 
that beams in threads of flashing molecules 
from first flash of the big bang that flares forth 
to weave my body from atomic lust 
so I wake with unconscious mind of god 
as pulsing energy of love in flesh. 

I speak words of thought with breath of the sky 
projecting visions in the cosmic eye 
so feelings that pierce my heart with mute pain 
may fly away on wings of honesty 
that leaves me free to swim in the vast sea 
when I return to womb of Mother Nature. 

I see your face in mirror mask of love 
that smiles at me from endless temple hall 
where humans all form the Many-Faced God 
who teaches me to forget grievances 
that trap my soul in maze of bitter angst 
so I can eat fruit from the Tree of Life. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus chants spells to capture fleeting glimpse of Mother Nature in old spirit of the Earth.

    ReplyDelete