Saturday, September 14, 2024

We Lose Gorgeous People

We Lose Gorgeous People
© Surazeus
2024 09 14

Since lonely people pass around their eyes 
we pretend Death is never waiting near 
to realign how we define the truth 
by building worlds that keep our mute hopes safe 
from monsters driving cars on hungry roads 
till our bodies welcome us back from stars. 

Through hopeless tragedy of untold tales 
we call each other in the rainy night 
till telephones trap our voices in wires 
that sizzle with electric angst of love 
beautiful enough to decorate tombs 
where unknown gods will never resurrect. 

Because we can never figure out how 
to jump over our own shadows of fate 
we jump over shadows of ones we love 
to share strange beauty of timeless sunlight 
then run with horses on the river shore 
till we get lost inside the mirror door. 

Since death is stillness of our surprised mind 
I keep in motion on the windy plain 
where my hands scatter apple seeds of faith 
to signify trail my ancestors blazed 
walking west ten thousand years beyond hope 
to find hidden garden of random luck. 

Though all the people I once loved have died 
they keep appearing in my doorless house 
and telling me about their lovely day 
how they refuse to leave notes that explain 
why we must disappear with spin of time 
as if we leave memories in sad hearts. 

Because humans feel small and afraid 
on this giant planet spinning in the void 
we invent concept of omniscient God 
who plans everything that happens on Earth 
to ease heart-aching sorrow crippling us 
when we lose gorgeous people we adore. 

When I get my eyes back from our blind god 
I stare into singing book of the sun 
that maps whole history of the universe 
in flashing neural network of my brain 
so I remember name of every soul 
who ever lives on every spinning world. 

My brain is receptive organ of love 
that channels conscious spirit of the Earth 
so when I sing among the apple trees 
I retransmit her memories of our lives 
in secret code of myth which I invent 
to fool Death that I am already dead. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus teaches students at Scythian Academy of Bards how to encode human memories in myth.

    ReplyDelete