Saturday, September 28, 2024

All Their Psychic Dreams

All Their Psychic Dreams
© Surazeus
2024 09 28

When I feel gloom of existential angst 
at terrible death of innocent souls 
caused by natural disasters and cruel wars, 
I drink cold glass of soil milk on the porch 
after the wild hurricane passes by, 
and wonder why no god lives in the sky. 

During the sixty years of my weird life 
natural disasters and wars have occurred 
in countless lands around this spinning globe, 
yet why I am always in the safe zone, 
still avoiding Death by fortune of fate, 
baffles my mind with its random mandate. 

So while people die in faraway lands, 
I drink cold soil milk in sprinkles of rain 
that shimmer rainbows on back of my hand, 
so I understand why people believe 
angels from Heaven guard their lives with love, 
though I know no God dwells in clouds above. 

How comforting to believe that some god 
with supernatural power, who knows it all, 
has secret plan for every human soul, 
though so many die in terrible pain, 
which seems to help them endure suffering, 
but all I can do is breathe deep and sing. 

Like poet-seers four hundred years ago 
who sang epics on Isle of Avalon, 
I like to personify Death as Bride 
with star-bright eyes, who wears white cotton gown, 
so I can feel at ease when she is near, 
because Nothingness is nothing to fear. 

I know how strange it is I am alive 
from random events of cause and effect 
where choices humans make define my fate 
so I am born as atoms organized 
in genes that replicate themselves in souls 
who design socially productive roles. 

I walk signless road sea to shining sea 
four hundred million years of soul rebirth 
as organic frames for immortal genes 
that embody spirit of Earth in brains 
who wake to savor beauty of the world 
expressed in riddles by the cosmic herald. 

My brain that emanates my conscious self 
was programmed to perceive and analyze 
by each ancestor struggling to survive 
who generated life before they died, 
so I am sum of all their psychic dreams 
which I remember while gazing in streams. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus gazes in River Styx and ponders memories of the lives of his ancestors that program how is brain perceives the world.

    ReplyDelete