Sunday, September 22, 2024

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
© Surazeus
2024 09 22

While driving home in the late afternoon 
with rumbling cars in maze of busy streets, 
I think I see Christ waiting for the light 
at the intersection of Death and Truth, 
but on approach I see middle-aged man 
wearing gray sweats and yellow baseball cap. 

At that strange moment of profound insight 
with revelation of the cosmic kind, 
I know this spinning world will never end 
though humans who inhabit its extent 
may annihilate themselves in world war, 
so I smile and contemplate scope of fate. 

I half expect Christ in the baseball cap 
to spread his arms and float into the sky 
on unseen angel wings of divine faith, 
but he just walks across the busy road 
when the light turns green as the lonely ghost 
who gleams above the moon-enchanted sea. 

So I push button by the steering wheel 
that spreads demonic wings beneath my car 
which soars up high above the traffic jam 
with chitty chitty bang bang and soft whirl 
while gliding east to Isle of Avalon 
where the Fairy Queen welcomes me back home. 

If I fly far enough around the Earth, 
swifter than Superman on fluttering cape, 
which I wave to distract the Minotaur 
while leading refugees from global war 
safe through the labyrinth of religious myth, 
I could escape to lush Elysian Fields. 

With beaming smile of welcome home for me, 
my Fairy Queen, who still rules Avalon, 
offers Holy Grail of Dionysian wine 
so I drink and dance in grand Stonehenge Hall, 
then play lyre of Mercury and sing spell 
that conjures sylphs to make nuclear bombs poof. 

Bright sparkles rain down on the upturned masks 
of humans gathered on Haryana Plain 
to watch Jupiter and Krishna engage 
in global chess game over who defines 
atomic nature of reality 
which maps Aryavarta on globe of truth. 

As Emperor of Anglonesian Empire, 
I turn into the driveway of my home, 
then sit on the back porch and play guitar 
while complex civilization of Earth 
blossoms from golden apple of my eye 
while eight billion humans contemplate why. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus visits factory where Icarus manufactures Flying Cars for citizens of the Anglonesian Empire.

    ReplyDelete