Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Passion Of Free Will

Passion Of Free Will
© Surazeus
2024 09 03

When we talk about strange beauty of life 
while strolling together by the clear river, 
grand vision of the world glows in the clouds, 
conjured from our brains by words we express, 
but when we fall silent in awe of truth 
it vanishes from mirror of the sky. 

When he defeated Kronos, lord of greed, 
Zeus imposed state order through rule of law 
by appointing each conscious human being 
their special role to play in game of life 
that we perform with passion of free will 
to maintain world food-production machine. 

Though I seem free from all social constraints, 
after breaking blind shackles of religion, 
each choice I make with ambition for truth 
becomes the Fate I design for myself 
within grand institutional framework 
on which we build society of hope. 

I could stand in weeds on the river shore 
beneath the Tree of Life with ripened fruit 
and watch water of change flow on forever, 
as all organic bodies transform shape 
through vibrant motions of our chemicals, 
yet I will vanish in dream of my heart. 

Most people believe old religious lie 
that our souls renew in river of dreams, 
beaming to bright furnace of consciousness 
in stars that beam our minds back in new bodies, 
but I know we vanish to Nothingness 
while our atoms transform to other bodies. 

Eurydice is bitten by the Serpent 
who offered Apple of Wisdom to Eve, 
so Orpheus strums lyre of Mercury 
and sings to retrieve her soul from the dead, 
but she slips back, not because he looks back, 
but because the dead return not to life. 

I drink sweet Spirit of Immortal Life 
brewed from grapes with water from River Styx, 
dance wild with Dionysus in moonlight, 
then channel energy my dance awakes 
with logic of reason to build airplane 
Daedalus designs so Icarus can fly. 

After I kill Minotaur of my heart 
Ariadne leads me through maze of myth 
as I transform past the Many-Faced God 
to solve the childish riddle of the Sphinx 
so we can live in paradise we build 
because love gives us the strength to endure. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus explains to humanity that the dead cannot return to life.

    ReplyDelete