Sunday, September 15, 2024

Grand Canyon Of Death

Grand Canyon Of Death
© Surazeus
2024 09 15

While wandering rugged trails of the Grand Canyon, 
descending to the caveless underworld 
on quest to find the Sacred Flower of Truth, 
I hear faint voices of ten thousand poets 
singing alone in silence of the world 
which all blend in one disharmonious choir. 

Stumbling into grotto by stone-frothed stream, 
I see ancient gray-haired bard plucking lyre 
with trembling fingers, frail as oak-tree twigs, 
whose storm-gray eyes glint with mischievous wit 
as he declares that all verse should be based 
on virtue that exalts spirit of mankind. 

Shocked as his body crumbles to gray dust, 
I continue quest bearing his lost lyre 
with no Dream-Wise Poet to guide my way 
down countless infernal layers of hell 
past poets stuck in maelstroms of desire 
or transformed into trees that freely bleed. 

Past grand tombs of ancient world-renowned bards, 
whose epics design frame of our world view, 
I trudge the signless road of inspired song, 
hiding in sunless shadows to avoid 
that hideous spirit-thirsty vampire Fame 
whose jealous envy destroys poets he snares. 

Head glowing with sultry heat of the sun, 
I kneel on shore of the Hakhwata River, 
that flows from Asinwati Rocky Mountains, 
and drink fresh water of their fertile vales 
to fill my soul with passion for the truth 
that nurtures spirit of love in my heart. 

Deep in maze of grand canyon Tsekooh Hatsoh, 
heart beating fiercely with bold eagle wings, 
I journey signless road of my soul quest, 
littered with lost poets who fell from Heaven, 
till I find, shining in cave of my heart, 
Diamond of Wisdom with light of the stars. 

Fixing the Garthenstone of timeless truth 
to tip of my wand, carved from Tree of Life, 
I cast its bright beacon of noble truth 
to light my journey to the Promised Land 
where I plant apple seeds on river shores 
till new gardens blossom in the waste land. 

Ascending trail from Grand Canyon of Death, 
with Flower of Truth and Diamond of Wisdom, 
both gifts from oldest woman in the world, 
I strum Lyre of Mercury with deft hands 
and sing epic poem of philosophers 
to celebrate quest of mankind for truth. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus gathers skulls of all the dead poets that litter the trails of the Grand Canyon in Tomb of the Unknown Poet.

    ReplyDelete