Sunday, September 15, 2024

Speak With Wordless Voice

Speak With Wordless Voice
© Surazeus
2024 09 15

Stripped of illusions based on old beliefs, 
my nameless body walks the signless road 
between ancestral homeland of my truth 
and naked wilderness of bitter hope 
till I become solid as light on stones 
so I speak with wordless voice of the wind. 

Alone in crowded city of lost souls, 
I hide my angel wings inside my lungs 
and listen to thoughts people try to hide 
as they wander somewhere in maze of myths 
in search for how to organize their hopes 
so they generate life before they die. 

Though people look at my face with clear eyes, 
and call me Orpheus with reverent awe, 
I feel no glow of joy from beams of love 
when they project their hopes into my heart, 
yet sweet arrows of their worshipful words 
pierce my stoic shield and fill me with zeal. 

When they torture my father on the cross, 
binding him to the Tree of Life with rage, 
and whipping him with sharp words of contempt, 
I feel his anguish writhing in my heart 
till zealous dragon of my righteous goal 
fuels my frank plot to exact just revenge. 

Just as I am about to strike with rage, 
intending to destroy cities of thieves, 
Ophelia takes my hand with candid smile 
and reveals psychic energy of fear 
that drives millions of people to attack 
shadows that conceal traumatic abuse. 

So I stand still and silent in town square 
beside Fountain of Youth where no one drinks, 
and watch eagle of justice glide above 
till I float upward in the empty sky, 
reversing fall from Heaven to watch tower 
where I choose to meditate without hate. 

Though I suffer anguish from harsh abuse, 
I choose to channel energy of rage 
to build new temple with bones of the dead 
where singing skulls of prophets may recite 
formulas that define physical laws 
adjusting spiral of our globe in space. 

Clothed in illusions of justice and truth, 
my faceless body stands in Hall of Tales 
to play role of kind prosecuting judge 
enforcing code of universal law 
to maintain justice in our game of life 
so we can create rather than destroy. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus takes Ophelia on a date to the Grand Canyon where they meet ghosts of its beauty.

    ReplyDelete