Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Her Encounter With God

Her Encounter With God
© Surazeus
2024 09 24

If I should meet Krishna or Achilles 
when I wander dark maze of Tartarus, 
I may ask them to take selfies with me 
when we ride the frantic merry-go-round 
where we are trapped on horses of our pride 
in hell-loop that displays our cruel crimes. 

Perhaps my journey through the Underworld 
will transform my soul with experience 
as I encounter demons of my mind 
who embody my most terrible fears 
which I must fight and conquer with satire 
if I wish to return to Fairy Land. 

Rather I pause in shadow of the wood 
when I see young girl with basket of herbs 
extend her hand for the sparrow to land, 
for I treasure with anguish of my heart 
this vision of innocence that reveals 
exquisite beauty of this brutal world. 

After I film her encounter with God 
embodied by free spirit of the bird, 
I upload it on social media sites 
so people all over the world can see 
this timeless moment of heavenly truth 
that makes peace on Earth so worth fighting for. 

Since I am demon who has lived on Earth 
thousands of years since Sargon ruled the world, 
with unseen sword of faith piercing my heart, 
I have seen many empires rise and fall 
in seething waves of hungry human souls 
that nourish trees of paradise with blood. 

Though my ancestors, wielding swords of faith, 
fought thieves to protect people of the land 
while managing wheat fields from castle towers, 
I drive my car on busy city roads 
to sit at computer in office building 
where I map history of the universe. 

Both Krishna and Achilles work with me 
as colleagues in our high tech company, 
designing machines with digital ghosts, 
for we survive vicissitudes of time 
by building United Nations of Earth 
where every soul is equal in the law. 

As incarnation of Odin and Frigga, 
imbued with ancient spirit of the Wolf, 
I wear shirt of my favorite soccer team 
while eating tacos with my wife and kids 
to celebrate that we are still alive 
on globe that spins forever in the void. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus plays lyre and sings to enchant the sparrow to land again on hand of Eurydice.

    ReplyDelete