Saturday, May 25, 2024

Voice Of Every River

Voice Of Every River
© Surazeus
2024 05 25

The voice of every river in the world 
speaks to me in thoughts people never speak 
as loud roar pounding in my sea-shell ears 
which, at expression of my own faint voice, 
coalesce in whole emblem of my mind 
through which I feed upon infinity. 

Since sparkling neurons of my dreaming brain 
conjure virtual model of the whole Earth, 
this mysterious function of comprehension 
seems to weave into fabric, more divine 
than chemical Nature that sustains life, 
my brain composed of flashing molecules. 

Though the mind of humans, which seems divine, 
glows magnified more beautiful than Earth 
on which it dwells in matrix of bright forms, 
our brains are nothing more than chemicals 
condensed in neural cells which conjugate 
impressions into meaning we design. 

I find no meaning in this changing world 
composed of chemicals that nurture souls 
with complex organs evolving into gods, 
except the meaning my perceptive brain 
assembles into puzzle of world view 
from fragments of concepts my eyes conceive. 

No conscious gods with supernatural power 
exist outside idea-programmed brains, 
for every mythic legend that records 
life and deeds of powerful divine beings 
was preserved in weird stories people shared 
describing humans who lived ages past. 

I feel their ancient spirits in gold light 
that gleams with hope each timeless afternoon 
on green leaves hanging from tall dreamless trees 
who watch generations of human beings 
rise and fall through waves of history 
in endless seething tides of war and peace. 

Though Beauty of Nature that forms this Earth 
appears to glow with bright divinity 
in spirit, our fearful ancestors termed 
God, who created this organized Cosmos, 
I know this supernatural conscious mind 
I feel is but projection of my dreaming brain. 

Sitting quiet in haven of my home, 
observing humans move as streams of hope 
in streets connecting cities around Earth, 
like blood cells in global network of veins, 
I hear all their voices through river spell 
sing in worldwide choir of our divine mind. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus ponders seemingly divine nature of the human mind conjured by the chemical-powered brain.

    ReplyDelete