Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Television-Eyed Toad

Television-Eyed Toad
© Surazeus
2024 05 28

Though my face recedes in mirror of time 
when fantasy of my pride vanishes 
in glittered haze of puzzling memories, 
I hold fruit of grief in half-open hand, 
hesitant to taste sorrow still unearned, 
while Death carves on stone of fate my real name. 

Since vanity is closer than I think 
on broad cherubic wings of anguished hope 
that hover low with thunder sea-clouds keep, 
I dart my quick angelic eyes to catch 
degree of curses woven by the witch 
to cultivate higher celestial rank. 

Eager to analyze future events, 
still carefree in my restless dance past fate 
while chasing rainbows down the crowded street, 
I carry stones in pocket of my mind, 
straight as ruler that measures psychic bond 
displayed on stage by journalists and saints. 

At intersection of solace and fear, 
contrived by judgment of the holy fool 
who types endless stories that show no goal, 
I look beyond appearance of my bride 
to see White Snake of her soul she cannot hide, 
because I love beauty of her secret star. 

Every person I see on city street 
glows full of life refracted from the Earth 
in decadent beams of celestial worth 
reformulated through words we invent, 
since voice of singing trees is somehow faint, 
so I decide to follow my own route. 

Taking my family to the restaurant, 
I watch their faces glow with secret joy 
through revelation of the Eden Key 
as they eat fish and chips with soda cream, 
so I decide this sweet life is no dream 
composed by Death without mythic blueprint. 

Foolish enough to find faith in the wind 
that shatters homes in cities and farm towns, 
I record chronicle in mystic runes 
describing rise and fall of tyrant kings 
who storm state castles with esurient gangs 
and kill to defend their claim to this land. 

Whatever legend Demodocus tells, 
relating noble deeds of the humble shepherd 
who slings stones at face of the giant lizard, 
will always awe the wild theater crowd 
hypnotized by television-eyed toad, 
so I must answer when my Goddess calls. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus leads Ophelia from the underworld to new temple of the television-eyed toad.

    ReplyDelete