Thursday, May 9, 2024

Happy With This Life

Happy With This Life
© Surazeus
2024 05 09

Pointing pistol of his greed at my face, 
squat black barrel of aggressive despair, 
the angry faceless man, buzzing with fear, 
demands I give him everything I earn 
based on my status of white privilege, 
so I decide it is okay to die. 

I would like to live longer on this Earth, 
experience more of this beautiful life, 
visit more places I have not yet been, 
see more marvelous landscapes of the globe 
I have not yet seen with photograph eyes, 
and savor truths my body yearns to taste. 

I would like to climb winding trail of hope 
to stand tall on the highest mountain peak 
and reach out my hands with curious concern 
to feel the atmosphere crackling with breath 
when I map changing process of this globe 
through time-animated atlas of life. 

I would like to dive in currents of faith 
to swim lithe in the deepest ocean vale 
and find the bubbling hydrothermal vent 
where First Mother Egg of organic life 
evolved from carbon rings of chemicals 
and crawled rivers to dream in star-eyed lakes. 

But I have lived the fullest life I could, 
learned history of the world in college class, 
hitchhiked the whole land, sea to shining sea, 
married the smartest woman in the world, 
raised children who create sensitive art, 
and wrote epic that depicts tale of man. 

I have written epic and lyric poems 
in holy scriptures that praise Queen Ishtar 
as prophet who designed religious rites 
that organize people in companies 
for global baby-production machine 
so we transcend our lives with fertile love. 

I am happy with this life I have lived, 
writing scriptures that record in dream tales 
virtual model of this world I perceive, 
so I am happy if that angry man 
shoots bullet of despair into my heart, 
for I am more than this body that dies. 

So, when the angry faceless man of rage, 
paralyzed by my calm contented smile, 
sneers annoyed that I have nothing to give, 
then runs away into vast city maze, 
I feel annoyed that I am still alive, 
then I laugh and record it in this song. 


No comments:

Post a Comment