Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Marian Statue Of Sylvia

Marian Statue Of Sylvia
© Surazeus
2024 05 22

When blue planetary light of her mind 
throws my wingless soul from eye of the moon 
to wander treeless hills of chilly grass, 
I try to find cracked headstone with my name, 
but I am still alive in swirls of mist, 
inhabiting this place with Sylvia. 

Because I see her faceless silhouette, 
lit by the moon that has her secret face, 
drifting nowhere in her spiritous mist, 
I wonder why endlessly bonging bells 
call her name to rise from grave of words 
since she prefers warm comfort of despair. 

As if the mute moon drags us from the sea 
we wander toward each other in dim gloom 
yet never meet beneath the tall yew tree 
where she remains in blue gown of desire, 
unloosing owls on wings of dawning flame 
that dare to lead me to her apple grove. 

From gleaming ripple of fathomless pool 
my tongue-stitched body rises from cold bath, 
and through dim blur of moon-flickering beams 
I see pale moon-round face of Sylvia, 
extending sea-dark eyes of flashing fear, 
envelop me with swirls of tender hope. 

Heart pierced by arrows of arrogant fame, 
I lie wounded in her marble-smooth arms, 
cradled by Our Lady of Piety 
whose hands can gesture demons from dark caves 
with compassionate grace of the puppeteer 
though Excalibur clatters from my hand. 

Map I designed with clear surveyor eyes, 
to measure lost meadows of paradise 
that I engraved with crossroads of my soul, 
unscrolls from safe cabinet of my heart 
to present the true way of my psychic quest 
across the waste land of cathedral ruins. 

Though Sylvia has vanished in the mist, 
twelve moons before my body was conceived 
from lightning strike that lit the star-black sea, 
I follow enchanting tone of her voice 
to misty meadow of the Gothic yew 
where she sings forever as Mother Moon. 

Because her ghost of heart-breaking despair 
glows with light of the moon in shrouding mist 
each pilgrim searching for the Promised Land 
can find the secret way we choose to go 
to apple grove on peak of Helicon 
where Marian statue of Sylvia smiles. 


No comments:

Post a Comment