Friday, May 3, 2024

Curse Of Nevermind

Curse Of Nevermind
© Surazeus
2024 05 03

Each time the raven on bust of Athena 
caws at me from dark shadow of despair 
simple dismissive curse of Nevermind, 
I hear passive-aggressive attitude 
of hopeless faith in absolute of death, 
so I dance laughing with indifferent rain. 

I try to sit on soft living room couch 
and ponder domestic simplicity 
safe in our empire of America, 
but specter of tyranny that haunts Earth 
hovers mute over my suburban home 
and leers at me with inaudible shriek. 

While lounging in backyard of my safe haven, 
heart chilled by ancestors haunting my grave, 
I tell red raven in the towering oak 
that I will write about life for my mother, 
but Death rests her hand on my back and smiles 
to bless my heart with knowledge of the stars. 

I measure ghostly shadows of my home 
with fragile materials of memory 
that scream as groundwater under soft grass 
with lamentation for the genocide 
that only happens on the evening news 
far away by the river with no name. 

Three graces on bright ocean beach of time 
weave star-spelled threads of our unspoken fate 
on massive spindle of quick molecules 
through existential relevance of hope 
which guides my journey to the Promised Land 
where I kill people who try to kill me. 

I pull taut string of language from my heart 
that winds my body with anxiety 
when I find skull of Orpheus in Hell, 
and carry it with me to Wonderland 
where people visiting my circus pay 
to hear him prophesy who reigns as king. 

Without regret I play guitar of faith 
to show how fate is what we say we want 
when we create our world with willing words 
till time shatters our illusions of truth 
so mirror masks tumble from temple walls 
to expose hungry ambition we hide. 

When raven flies down from the sultry moon 
to teach morality of honest deeds, 
I stand in shadow of my doorless house 
and listen to the girl in long silk gown 
play music backward on dragon-bone flute 
that helps me evade Death another day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment