Friday, May 24, 2024

Bodies Copy Themselves

Bodies Copy Themselves
© Surazeus
2024 05 24

Because truth bursts from weird shadow of time 
my heart, attached to beauty of this world, 
desires to replicate each unique form 
so beautiful bodies copy themselves 
with pleasure of resemblance that confirms 
perfect love through urgency to create. 

Lulled into ecstasy of static hope 
by stark negation of restrictive shame, 
I leap past bounds of lineated rules 
with bold authority of honest fear 
to copy strange resemblance of my being 
in child whose eyes reflect authentic hope. 

Lured by attraction of beautiful truth 
that glows from heart of everything I see, 
I journey over waste land of despair 
to find hidden garden of changeless bliss, 
embodied by horse near the apple tree 
beside the river flowing to the sea. 

Based on definition of excellence 
that presents ideal forms of changing things 
as changeless concepts in realm of ideas, 
I seek recompense from cruel arrogance 
who tries to possess beauty of my soul 
that decays from illusion of desire. 

Becoming beauty of this flowing world 
through strict attention of focused desire, 
I draw shapes that mirror forms I perceive 
to duplicate with spell of humming words 
structures of atoms in puzzle of light 
that gleams from first flash at the dawn of time. 

Composing stories with names of lost souls, 
I resurrect characters of the dead 
so they float beside me in gentle breeze 
that rustles leaves of trees on hill of hope 
where I can assemble puzzle of light 
to replicate beautiful world I dream. 

Willing to enter ever-changing doors 
that lead me to museum of lost art, 
I hold knowledge of beauty in my heart 
to appropriate spirit of desire 
that can only be sung by the blind choir 
which dissolves back to the particular. 

Attached to beauty of the changing world 
that cycles through birth in growth to decay, 
I treasure life of each organic being 
that copies itself in children of hope 
who fight over whose Heaven is more real 
that we construct on ruins of desire. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus celebrates how beautiful bodies copy themselves in children of their dreams.

    ReplyDelete