Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Eyeless Light Of Liberty

Eyeless Light Of Liberty
© Surazeus
2024 05 29

Not in the fairy palace of my faith, 
nor in the grand cathedral of despair, 
nor in the grim national monument 
of patriotic pride, is ever found 
courageous spirit of the noble hero 
who redesigns the concept of our state. 

Weirdness of mystery in the twilight zone 
guides me with eyeless light of liberty 
through trackless forest of lost fairy land 
that weaves half-seen tunnels of fearless faith 
hidden in suburban maze of our homes 
where I wander far on my secret quest. 

Twirling gold rope of thought analysis, 
I snare wild Pegasus with reins of hope 
and ride his swift progression over clouds 
to search for stately pleasure dome of pride, 
built by the sacred river of my heart, 
that gleams within the modern city maze. 

Weaving thread of words in objective tales 
that chronicle the noble deeds of men 
who fight demonic energies of lust 
to maintain strict progression of desire 
through creative routines of self-control, 
I sing electric vision of the brain. 

Performing role commissioned by my heart 
within galactic sphere of honesty, 
I defeat the monster, crown myself king, 
repel rebellious coup of tyranny, 
then abdicate when wounded by my pride 
to wander waste land of false liberty. 

While grasping broken sword of Damocles 
on jagged rock beside the roaring sea, 
I bear skull of Orpheus in my hand 
and listen close to hear weird prophecies 
predicting rise of the American Empire 
that I build with bloody hands of the law. 

Self-guiding hero of my epic tale, 
written by the eyeless philosopher 
on autumn leaves that float away unread 
down the River Styx crowded with new boats, 
I arrive on Mount Zion with The Book 
as cosmic herald for the war-torn world. 

Standing inside frame of the Scary Door, 
with Scepter of Zambor in my left hand, 
I descend from whirling starship on wings 
to float before eyes of humanity 
and sing grand vision of our new world order 
with peace in United Nations of Earth. 


1 comment:

  1. Orpheus chronicles the rise and fall of the American Empire in haiku riddles written on autumn leaves.

    ReplyDelete